"School closures" widget
This page only applies to users of the Jadu® content management system.
Fortunately school closures are rare but they can happen suddenly due to things like snow, storm, loss of heating or industrial action.
If something like this happens, its necessary to get the message out to parents as quickly as possible so they can make child care arrangements and avoid a wasted trip to school. Staff will need to know as well.
Normally your web team can put together a page, but this can take time, particularly if 100s of schools are snowed in, and the web team can't get into work.
The School closures widget allows approved school staff to login securely to a web page and post a closure report. No access to the cms or website training is needed.
- Prompt closure reports for the public to view.
- Immediate publication of closure reports.
- Secure password protected access for approved school staff.
- School staff are able to post a closure report from their PC at home.
- School staff can request an automated password reminder and optionally change their password.
- No cms access or cms training is required for school staff.
- No dependence on the web team at a critical time.
- After the event, a webmaster can clear out all the old reports with one button.
The widget pulls data from a Schools directory containing the normal public data and the invisible secure school email address and the school password. A second directory holds the closure reports.
Widgets are customised to suit the customer's requirements, Jadu® cms version, setup and styling. Installation is by TopCode's developer and this requires temporary access for TopCode to parts of your cms. Widgets are installed through the cms and do not alter the Jadu® cms source code.
After installation, your webmaster uses the cms to put widget instances anywhere where they are required. Each instance can be configured using widget settings.
This widget is supplied customised to suit your requirements and data needs.
Requirements vary between customers and systems, so charges are by quotation. Charges include installation and maintenance for 1 year. TopCode is not registered for VAT.
Your licence to use any TopCode code lasts indefinitely. You may modify the code for your own use, but you may not pass it on to third parties.
Alternatively TopCode can provide services at an hourly rate, if required through your preferred agency staff supplier.
Interested? contact us