Its great when websites talk to each other to give users the focused information they want from different systems, but all in one place. TopCode can connect your site to external services and show their data alongside other relevant information.
Examples of external services
- Waste collections data from services such as Bartec or MuniData
- NHS Choices, eg for local doctors, dentists & pharmacies, or health advice by subject
- Transport for London, eg train times, traffic cameras, station details
- Google Maps
- Events or Jobs listing sites
- Ebay, Twitter & social media
- Forums and On-line chat services
Topcode's widgets connect to external services by RESTful query or SOAP request using the supplier's API. Generally the client has to register for an account with the service to get a username and password. These credentials are held securely.
What does it look like?
Plugins are developed to the customer's requirements, setup and styling. Installation is by TopCode's developer and this requires temporary access for TopCode to parts of your cms. Plugins are installed through the cms and do not alter the cms source code.
After installation, the webmaster uses normal WordPress procedures to configure the plugin using settings.
Requirements vary between customers and systems, so charges are by quotation. Charges include installation and maintenance for 1 year. TopCode is not registered for VAT.
Your licence to use any TopCode code lasts indefinitely. You may modify the code for your own use, but you may not pass it on to third parties.
Interested? contact us