Geographic data widgets
This page only applies to users of the Jadu® content management system.
TopCode can write custom widgets to use your geographic data. For example, you may have a list of schools, libraries, parks or recycling facilities.
- "Find my nearest..." functionality
- Your geographic data is stored in a directory
- Points may be defined by postcode, latitude and longitude or OS grid reference
- If needed, the user's postcode can be obtained from the user list for registered users, or requested on the fly
- The widget is written to query and present the data as required
- Points can be displayed on an embedded Google map
If required, TopCode can upload your spreadsheet data to a directory
Geographic widgets can achieve only modest functionality and will not rival fully-fledged GIS systems.
What does it look like?
Widgets are customised to suit the customer's requirements, Jadu® cms version, setup and styling. Installation is by TopCode's developer and this requires temporary access for TopCode to parts of your cms. Widgets are installed through the cms and do not alter the Jadu® cms source code.
After installation, your webmaster uses the cms to put widget instances anywhere where they are required. Each instance can be configured using widget settings.
Requirements vary between customers and systems, so charges are by quotation. Charges include installation and maintenance for 1 year. TopCode is not registered for VAT.
Your licence to use any TopCode code lasts indefinitely. You may modify the code for your own use, but you may not pass it on to third parties.
Alternatively TopCode can provide services at an hourly rate, if required through your preferred agency staff supplier.
Interested? contact us