This page only applies to users of the Jadu® content management system.
Some Jadu®-based websites come with Jadu's® xForms module to provide forms functionality, but xForms is not supported on galaxy sites. Galaxies have a single, non-configurable contact form.
TopCode's Custom form widget is loaded onto the primary site with the widget scope set to all sites. This enables it to be deployed on all your galaxies for basic forms functionality, or on the main site if xForms is not installed.
- Up to 8 questions
- Multiple answer types
- Validation of user input against answer type before submission
- Facility to define answers as "required"
- Completed form data is sent to the email address set in widget settings
- The homepage designer can be used to put other content on the page
The following types of answer are supported:
- any string;
- a string composed of the characters A-Z, a-z or space;
- text area;
- positive integer;
- any integer;
- a float;
- an email address;
- file attachment. The maximum file size and permitted file extensions are set in widget settings.
- check boxes
The following form features are not currently supported by the widget, although they could be provided by additional development work:
- radio buttons;
- drop-down lists;
- multi-page forms;
- conditional flow of questions;
- answer conditionals;
- form archiving;
- Captcha for human user verification;
- a user copy of form data.
The webmaster will need to put a standard content widget above the form in the homepage designer. This content widget is for text to tell the user:
- who the form is for;
- instructions and guidance for completing the form;
- what happens after the form has been submitted;
- who to contact in case of queries;
What does it look like?
The actual appearance is determined by the widget's style.
Widgets are customised to suit the customer's requirements, Jadu® cms version, setup and styling. Installation is by TopCode's developer and this requires temporary access for TopCode to parts of your cms. Widgets are installed through the cms and do not alter the Jadu® cms source code.
After installation, your webmaster uses the cms to put widget instances anywhere where they are required. Each instance can be configured using widget settings.
Requirements vary between customers and systems, so charges are by quotation. Charges include installation and maintenance for 1 year. TopCode is not registered for VAT.
Your licence to use any TopCode code lasts indefinitely. You may modify the code for your own use, but you may not pass it on to third parties.
Alternatively TopCode can provide services at an hourly rate, if required through your preferred agency staff supplier.
Interested? contact us