"Book of Condolences" widget
This page only applies to users of the Jadu® content management system.
You may want to allow local residents to leave their messages of condolences for a public figure if the worst happens. TopCode has a system of widgets which can provide this functionality.
- Data is stored in a directory. Fields include Message, User name and Town or city. Fields can be optional or required.
- A "Leave message" widget provides a simple form for users to leave their message of condolence.
- Messages are not immediately made public. A password protected admin widget enables an admin to moderate messages and mark them as approved or rejected. Optionally, the "Leave message" widget can send an email to the admin to advise when a message is waiting for moderation.
- A "List messages" widget lists the approved messages for website users to see.
- The system can provide simultaneous separate Books of Condolence.
At present, the system is unable to flag duplicate submissions.
Widgets are customised to suit the customer's requirements, Jadu® cms version, setup and styling. Installation is by TopCode's developer and this requires temporary access for TopCode to parts of your cms. Widgets are installed through the cms and do not alter the Jadu® cms source code.
After installation, your webmaster uses the cms to put widget instances anywhere where they are required. Each instance can be configured using widget settings.
Requirements vary between customers and systems, so charges are by quotation. Charges include installation and maintenance for 1 year. TopCode is not registered for VAT.
Your licence to use any TopCode code lasts indefinitely. You may modify the code for your own use, but you may not pass it on to third parties.
Alternatively TopCode can provide services at an hourly rate, if required through your preferred agency staff supplier.
Interested? contact us