This is the home page for TopCode’s Simple BMI widget.
There are many BMI widgets in the WordPress.org plugin directory, but mostly they seem to be in need of updating and abandoned by their developers.
The BMI calculation is a simple formula:
BMI = your-weight / your-height squared
Wikipedia is used to categorise different BMI values.
What makes this calculator different is that its multi-national – users can choose whichever system of units they are familiar with.
- Download the plugin file.
- Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Plugins and select the plugin file, then “Activate”
- To put it in a sidebar or other widget area, go to Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets and drag the Simple BMI widget to your chosen widget area. Alter the title if you wish.
- Multiple installs on the same page won’t work.
Customize the widget
- Go to: Dashboard > Settings > Simple BMI Calculator.
- Font size and border width must be in px. Don’t use the “px” suffix.
- Use the colour picker to set element colours.
The plugin is offered “as is” and without guarantee of fitness to purpose.
Please Contact us. Sometimes support may be delayed due to other commitments.
- 16/03/19 v1.00 Initial release
- 19/03/19 v1.01 Fixed fatal bug which occurred in some circumstances
- 21/03/19 v1.02 Fixed incorrect Wikipedia link
- 27/03/19 v1.03 Renamed. Original name already taken.