This is the home page for TopCode’s Simple BMI Form plugin.
There are many BMI widgets in the WordPress.org plugin directory, but none offer a choice of 3 systems of units.
The BMI calculation is a simple formula:
BMI = your-weight / your-height squared
Wikipedia is used to categorise different BMI values.
What makes this calculator different is that its multi-national – site visitors can choose whichever system of units they are familiar with.
- Download the plugin file.
- Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Plugins and select the plugin file, then “Activate”.
- To put it in a sidebar or other widget area, go to Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets and drag the Simple BMI Form to your chosen widget area. Alter the title if you wish.
- Multiple installs on the same page won’t work.
Customize the widget
- Go to: Dashboard > Settings > Simple BMI Form.
- Font size and border width must be in px. Don’t use the “px” suffix.
- Use the colour picker to set element colours.
Please submit any tickets at the relevant WordPress.org support forum.
- 16/03/19 v1.0.0 Initial release.
- 19/03/19 v1.0.1 Fixed fatal bug which occurred in some circumstances.
- 21/03/19 v1.0.2 Fixed incorrect Wikipedia link.
- 27/03/19 v1.0.3 Renamed. Original name already taken.
- 26/07/19 v1.0.4 Renamed again. Last name already taken.
- 02/09/19 v1.0.6 Made translatable.
- 04/09/18 v1.0.8 Published on wordpress.org/plugins
The plugin is offered “as is” and without guarantee of fitness for purpose.